Thursday 7 September 2017

Dear Jane Progress and Rainbow Scrappy Challenge catch up

Dear Jane quilt - English Paper Piecing, removing the papers.
Dear Jane quilt - English Paper Piecing, removing the papers.
I have had a few days where I have spent time moving a few projects forward.  Firstly, the Dear Jane quilt has been pulled out and I have made a big effort to remove all the papers. This is slow.  Very slow.  I have done over half, but I have now left it out so that I can go and pick at it in odd moments.  Once this is done I need to count all the pieces so that I can embroider the total on the corner block.
Rainbow Scrappy Challenge - cutting May, June, July, August, September
Rainbow Scrappy Challenge - cutting May, June, July, August, September
Then I saw that the September colour for the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge had been released.  I know that my progress on this had lapsed, but when I looked back I realised I was 5 months behind.  Again, I pulled out my remaining Kim Diehl fabrics and cut enough to keep me quiet for a while.  I sewed a few, but some serious machine stitching time is required on this one.


Finally, for a second time, I forgot to enter Suzi into the 2017 Pets on Quilts competition.  So please enjoy this photo of her.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck paper pulling. It's got to be sooo tedious but knowing you are more than halfway must put the brightest light at the end of the tunnel. It's a gorgeous quilt and well worth the remaining paper pulling.

    Hello Suzi-darling. I love when pussycats pose holding their own paws.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my yes, that is a lot of paper to pop out! I am looking forward to seeing what the rainbow project brings. And Suzi has my vote as A#1 cat one quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I don't envy you the paper removing task at all! Lovely photo of Suzi, how old is she?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never too late to enjoy a feline on fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Suzi,

    As the gracious winner of Best Cat on a Quilt, I can say "Better late than never." But I should also gently suggest that you consider a better training program for your staff.

    Respectfully,

    Molly

    ReplyDelete