Tuesday 10 January 2017

La Grande Révélation - En Provence, 2016 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt Link UP

En Provence, 2016 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt
En Provence, 2016 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt
Here it is!  My En Provence 2016 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt top is complete.  As you will see I went for a smaller size quilt this year, just three by three, but this was just about the right amount of work for me at this time of year.  I think the darker stars give it a good structure and I love the way they float out to the border. I love it!
En Provence, 2016 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt - Fabric Selection
En Provence, 2016 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt - Fabric Selection
These are the fabrics I started with, a selection of soft purples from a Moda French General collection called 'Ville Fleurie'.  I added another neutral after the first clue and am glad that I did, especially for the chequerboard border.  I am hoping I have enough of the little grey flower fabric to do the binding.
En Provence, 2016 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt
En Provence, 2016 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt
I have really taken time to get my piecing accurate and my points pointing and am glad I took the extra effort.
Ville Fleurie by French General, Moda
Ville Fleurie by French General, Moda
The Ville Fleurie fabric is on its way out and it is not often French General put out a purple line, so I have picked up this fabric from the collection for the backing.  The quilt is not quilted yet and it will have to wait its turn in the queue, so don't hold your breath.

This was my fourth Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt.  Always fun and always a chance to improve your machine piecing skills.  Looking back at my first, my Easy Street quilt, I can really see great improvement in my piecing skills and I can honestly say that I have learnt it all from Bonnie and these mystery quilts.  Looking at her blog, there are lots of people who have completed their quilts and some in lovely colour variations. Please go and visit. Thanks Bonnie!

Below you can find links to all the parts of my Mystery journey, thanks for joining me!


19 comments:

  1. It's beautiful in your soft colors!
    I'm thinking of making mine a smaller version, also. Since I'm nowhere near finished sewing my units, I haven't decided what size yet - your 3x3 looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt looks so elegant. And its amazing who well planned your quilt looks given it was a mystery. And I agree that the two neutrals give it sparkle without going scrappy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! It is spectacular! And, so fast. I wasn't sure I would like your colors all together, they were so soft. But it really is stunning. I might have to venture out of my bold color box and try this combination. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is gorgeous and I really like that the back will have the unexpected red thrown in. It's amazing how "non-scrappy" changes the look of a quilt. The checkerboard border really is a nice detail and, like you said, the darker stars pop nicely too. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful - you did a great job! I am looking forward to seeing how you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your version very much, it´s so soft and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful finish! Love the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your version is lovely with the soft muted colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your version is lovely with the soft muted colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply beautiful! Your color choices are really elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is simply gorgeous. Your colour palette is both soothing and sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You must be so happy with the end result. It is a beautiful, elegant quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! Your color palette worked so well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh it's gorgeous... I love your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! The contrast works perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your color choise was a good one! i really liked it. It is a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete