Thursday 4 August 2016

Dear Jane Quilt - Block G5 Poof

Dear Jane Quilt - Block G5 Poof
Dear Jane Quilt - Block G5 Poof
This latest Draw has been an odd little set.  This is Dear Jane block G5 Poof, which I completed by English Paper Piecing the background square and then adding the applique shape on the top. I clearly fussy cut the centre piece, but the message didn't quite get through to the appliquer. Nevertheless, I quite like the jaunty position.
Suzi the Cat
Suzi the Cat
As I thought,  the controversy of the Dear Jane J12 Basket block provided some insightful comments and was an opportunity for you to share your love of Basket blocks.  I don't think a Basket block quilt is one which will ever reach the top of my To-Do list.

Also this week you may have seen over at The Objects of Design there has been a MASSIVE fabric giveaway - not without its own controversy.  Suzi hopes this photo puts things straight.


Techniques:
 English Paper Piecing

Pieces:  9 pieces

2 comments:

  1. Truly enjoying following your journey, you have inspired me to get a grip wit my EQ5, and I am loving it as I start to plan my Dear Jane.

    May I ask .... do you print your templates on any particular type of card or paper. I have read so much about EPP that I'm in overload.
    You have a such a calm approach - I'd appreciate your thoughts re EPP if you have a moment!

    Many thanks for your blog,
    Cheers
    Helen S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Suzi...Do not get distracted by imaginary friends and get back to serious quiltmaking supervision...Respectfully, Molly

    ReplyDelete