Tuesday 10 May 2016

Dear Jane Quilt - Block J1 Joseph's Jonquil

Dear Jane Quilt - Block J1 Joseph's Jonquil
Dear Jane Quilt - Block J1 Joseph's Jonquil
This is Dear Jane block Josepha's Jonquil, J1.  Jonquil is a word I am familiar with but not one which I really knew what it meant.  A quick check on Wikipedia says JONQUIL is a shade of yellow, the shade of yellow which you will find on the Jonquil flower, which is very similar to a Daffodil.  So looking at the shape of this block that all makes sense. 

It is just that I did mine in blue.

Dear Jane Quilt - Block J1 Joseph's Jonquil
Dear Jane Quilt - Block J1 Joseph's Jonquil
I did this appliqued Dear Jane quilt block whilst travelling on a car journey.  Here you see me with a teatowel on my lap holding all the bits and pieces.  Yes, I am still able to thread silk thread through a needle whilst we move along and I am enjoying this whilst this is still the case.  Early on in the project the applique was proving so mind-blowing that I needed to be stationary and be giving it 101% concentration.  So from this I am pleased to say that my applique skills and applique confidence are improving thanks to the Dear Jane quilt.

Techniques: Applique
Pieces:  6 pieces


 

No comments:

Post a Comment