Wednesday 6 April 2016

Dear Jane Quilt - Block H6 Pie Sale

Dear Jane Quilt - Block H6 Pie Sale
Dear Jane Quilt - Block H6 Pie Sale
For my version of Dear Jane block H6 Pie Sale there are 12 pieces to applique.  It is a pleasing pattern, but the applique always seems to take up more concentration than anything else in my life.

I have been out and about for the past few days and popped down to the Exeter Quilt Show which kicks off the quilt show season for me.  There was a lovely display of quilts by Kay Bell and enough fabric stalls to satiate my fabric appetite.

Red Telephone Fabric
Red Telephone Fabric
I have seen this red telephone fabric at the shows for several months now and at £4/m I relented.  I can't see it on the front of a quilt yet, but I have enough for backing a quilt.

Midnight at the Oasis - Fabric Selection?
Midnight at the Oasis - Fabric Selection?
I also bought some of the basics for a Jen Kingwell pattern I hope to make in the near future called 'Midnight at the Oasis'.  There have been several quiltalongs for this quilt design, but as usual I will need to work to 'the beat of my own drum' for this project.


Techniques: English Paper Piecing and Applique
Pieces: 17 pieces

1 comment:

  1. Your Dear Jane blocks must be stacking up now! You mention Midnight at the Oasis by Jen Kingwell - I joined in a QuiltAlong a couple of years ago but still have to put one more border around. I don't always follow the pattern and change things a little so more working out needed. I'm sure you'll enjoy making this quilt.

    ReplyDelete