Saturday 12 March 2016

Dear Jane Quilt - Block L10 Nan's Naiad

Dear Jane Quilt - Block L10 Nan's Naiad
Dear Jane Quilt - Block L10 Nan's Naiad

As requested, here is Nan's Naiad.  I would say that Block L10 Nan's Naiad is one of the more complex blocks. The shapes are straightforward, but you need to construct the block in a certain order to avoid silly y-seams and stuff.

There are 41 pieces in this block, which for Dear Jane is quite a lot.  I often merge blocks if they are the same colour and they are going to save a seam, which I did a few times with this block, so others may have more.  Don't forget that you need to keep track of the number as the 'original' quilt by Jane Stickle has the total number embroidered on one of the corner blocks.

Suzi the Cat on the Tumbler Quilt Cat Mat
Suzi the Cat on the Tumbler Quilt Cat Mat

I am trying to think of a reason why this block is pretty.  I don't think it is, so to fulfil a need for 'pretty' on this blog post, here is a picture of Suzi the cat on her new tumbler block cat mat.

Techniques: English Paper Piecing
Pieces: 41 pieces

2 comments:

  1. Is Suzi counting stitches? I like your choices for values and will borrow liberally. I'm tempted to use colors to make carrots and beets surrounding a central field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An unbelievable number of tiny pieces there! I see that both you and Sally are Dear Jane fanatics. Lucky Suzi having her very own cat mat.

    ReplyDelete