Wednesday 3 February 2016

Dear Jane Quilt - Draw 18, F10, E2, F7, J9


Dear Jane Quilt - Draw 17, LR5, LR9, RR5, RR9 Triangles
Dear Jane Quilt - Draw 17, LR5, LR9, RR5, RR9 Triangles

I have done 65 blocks of my Dear Jane quilt so far, which is about 28% of the quilt (average 13 a month).  My sister was right when she said I still had a way to go.  However, with a few of these Dear Jane triangle border blocks under my belt I am really pleased to see them getting done alongside the main body of the quilt.  Borders usually suffer from being last in the queue when a quilt is being made and never get the same enthusiasm as the those first few blocks at the start of a project.

Dear Jane Quilt - Border Triangles
Dear Jane Quilt - Border Triangles
I have cut out the majority of the alternating blocks for the border which will be in my neutral tan fabric.  By keeping them plain I hope it will offer an opportunity to add some interest with the quilting. 

Moving onto the next set, Draw 18

Draw 18
F10 - Potholder
E2 - Merry May
F7 - Star Struck
J9 - Maury High School

This Draw will also be in Green.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, pretty, pretty, poison green, my favorite! Good idea to piece border units at the same time. The border units intimidate me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 13 blocks a month was about my average... You doing well.

    ReplyDelete