Friday 5 February 2016

Dear Jane Quilt - Block E2 Merry May


Dear Jane Quilt - Block E2 Merry May
Dear Jane Quilt - Block E2 Merry May
This is Dear Jane block E2 Merry May.  I slightly redrafted this one.  The central shape on my Electric Quilt pattern was not symmetrical.  The original design has two appliqued overlapping melon shapes, but as you can see, I have divided the shape into 5 pieces, stitched them together and then appliqued them onto the centre square.  More chance for fussy cutting and more pleasing to the eye.

Kim Diehl - Green fabrics
Kim Diehl - Green fabrics
I enjoy doing the green blocks as the patterns on this range of Kim Diehl fabrics are really attractive and lend themselves to fussy cutting. 

BTW, here is the progress on the spring bulbs - a weekend away and look what happened!

Techniques: Appliqué and English Paper Piecing
Pieces: 14 pieces

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant. I love your solution and I'm stealing it. And your block is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fussy cutting in Merry May. The dark green is lovely and dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I can certainly see why you redrafted the block. The fussy cutting is great and who wants to work on something assymetrical...

    ReplyDelete