Tuesday 24 November 2015

Dear Jane Quilt - Block M1 Dogwood Days


Dear Jane Quilt - Block M1 Dogwood Days
Dear Jane Quilt - Block M1 Dogwood Days
With block M1 Dogwood Days complete, I have just been researching what the term 'Dogwood Days' is all about.  Apparently it is a celebration of the Spring blossoming of the Dogwood trees in the USA.  Further research revealed that loads of US states have fairs to celebrate the event. 

I will admit that is was more luck than judgement that the fussy cut squares in the centre of this block are four leaf flowers, like the Dogwood blossom, but doesn't it look great?  I will admit that I am loving these green blocks and this one is particularly cute.

Techniques: English Paper Piecing
Pieces: 29

2 comments:

  1. Now I'm beginning to get an idea of your colour scheme... A beautiful block and your fussy cutting has paid off.... Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely made a fine tribute to the dogwood...my favorite tree. Cherry trees and their blossoms have better PR agents, but the dogwood is the workhorse of the blossoming trees in the spring (along with its sidekick the Redbud).

    ReplyDelete