Monday 9 November 2015

Dear Jane Quilt - Block G12 Gloriae

Dear Jane Quilt - Block G12 Gloriae
Dear Jane Quilt - Block G12 Gloriae
Here is G12 Gloriae.   It wasn't a difficult block, but once I had sewn most of it together I decided I wasn't happy with my fabric choice.  I unpicked it all and used the striped fabric for a feature, so it took longer than expected.  I am still not 100% satisfied, it is such a big blob of fabric.

Suzi the Cat on the Butterfly Quilt
Suzi the Cat on the Butterfly Quilt
You haven't seen much of Suzi lately.  She has been out of sorts and just not interested in quilting or quilts, but since our return from Maastricht she has returned to her usual self and she has spent all day on the Butterfly quilt and is now currently using pester power to get her tea.  Last night she sat on my lap for 2 1/2 hours - a lifetime record.

Techniques: English Paper Piecing
Pieces: 25

4 comments:

  1. I love this one! Not sure what you used the first time, but the stripe is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Suzi is feeling better. She rightly assumes that if you can sit still for applique, you can sit still for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great star - I like the stripped fabric a lot for the way it pulls your eyes to the points.
    Glad to hear Miss Suzi is feeling better. Zorro was a little out of sorts this morning so I am anxious to get home from work and check on him...

    ReplyDelete