Thursday 8 October 2015

Dear Jane Quilt - Border Triangle Block BR7 Cheryl's Clown

Dear Jane Quilt - Border Triangle Block  BR7 Cheryl's Clown
Dear Jane Quilt - Border Triangle Block  BR7 Cheryl's Clown
I was nervous about starting these edge triangles for the Dear Jane quilt.  I thought they would be difficult.  But just like the square blocks a triangle comes together quite easily. Just 23 pieces meant it got done whilst watching the new series of Strictly Come Dancing.
Autumn 2015 - Horse Chestnut Conkers
I could quite happily sit all day sewing or working quilting on my long arm machine, but these days my body is less forgiving.  To counter this desire to sit all day and sew I try to take an early walk each day in my local countryside.  It is a great way to watch the seasons change and this morning I couldn't resist picking up these beautiful conkers from the horse chestnut trees that were lying on the ground. A true sign of autumn here in the UK ...

Techniques: English Paper Piecing
Pieces: 23

3 comments:

  1. Lovely work. I haven't done any triangles yet. I can't live without my morning walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! A double wow! Throughly enjoying the blocks...
    Just put the last stitch in my Insane quilt last night and am very tempted to have a go at Jane... Thank you Frances.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has to be the most precise "Jane" quilt ever. This triangle block is amazing! I love horse chestnuts too. I love the shiny surface of the newly hatched nut.

    ReplyDelete