Thursday 1 October 2015

Dear Jane Quilt - Block A7 Dad's Plaids

Dear Jane Quilt - Block A7 Dad's Plaids
Dear Jane Quilt - Block A7 Dad's Plaids
I think this is the first bit of applique that I have enjoyed.  Each of the melons are about 2" long and I was stitching them onto fabric that was still backed with its paper template which made it behave whist I stitched.  I had to remember to slip the paper out just in time ... To get the shape of the melons I gathered the fabric around a paper form / template, gave it a blast of spray starch and then gave it a good press.  The points aren't REALLY pointy, but I think I have got away with it.

Techniques: English Paper Piecing, Applique
Pieces: 8
 

3 comments:

  1. The simplicity of this block always makes it one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. This was one of my favorites to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your points are just fine. Well done!

    ReplyDelete