Wednesday 2 September 2015

Dear Jane Quilt - Draw 2, G7

Dear Jane Blocks, B7, D3, L9, M7
Dear Jane Blocks, B7, D3, L9, M7
As you can see I have completed the first four Dear Jane blocks for my quilt. It has been a steep learning curve with regard to applique techniques and I still have a way to go.

So, moving onto  Draw 2

G7 - Indianapolis

Oh. For most of the draws there will be four blocks, but it just so happens that this one is the central block, G7 Indianapolis, so in my little system, this draw only has one block.

I have devised a colour scheme for the quilt so I know which colours I want for each block.  If my system is working, each of the blocks in a draw will be in the same colour.  For this draw the centre block will be in red.

Many of you who followed my Nearly Insane quilt journey have commented on your excitement of seeing my Dear Jane quilt started.  Many of you also mention that you have started a Dear Jane quilt, but the project has fallen by the wayside.  Please stitch along with me if your quilt needs resurrecting ....


PS: Pets on Quilts voting closes on Thursday 3rd September 2015 - Suzi the cat is counting on your vote!
 

1 comment:

  1. I've never started a Dear Jane quilt, but have enjoyed watching others. Your blocks are looking great and your system seems to be keeping you on track and motivated.

    ReplyDelete