Thursday 3 September 2015

Dear Jane Quilt - Block G-7 Indianapolis


Dear Jane Quilt - Block G-7 Indianapolis
Dear Jane Quilt - Block G-7 Indianapolis
I am very pleased with this block.  It is the first time I have used my red Kim Diehl fabric.  Also I am very pleased with my striped fabric which has been fussy cut.  I am also very  pleased with the neat circle.  English Paper Piecing - ROCKS.

This block is in the centre of the Dear Jane quilt, so it had to look good.

Living in the UK, I thought I ought to check where Indianapolis was in the USA.  It is in the state of Indiana, towards the East coast.  This is the state Brenda Papdakis was living when she wrote the Dear Jane quilt book.

Techniques: English Paper Piecing
Pieces: 21

4 comments:

  1. Very nicely put together, I liked this one too, though I just pieced mine the American way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sensational! I love how flat is lies with the paper piecing method. I ended up appliqueing the circle and then piecing it and it didn't lie as flat as I would have liked. I love your fabric choice as well. I'm enjoying watching your progress. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your center block is beautiful and will be a spectacular focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm starting on my Dear Jane journey. I've decided to start with G-7. Found your site and your G-7 is beautiful. I English paper piece. How in the world did you EPP curves?

    cozykoza32a@gmail.com

    Kathleen Mary

    ReplyDelete