Friday 11 September 2015

Dear Jane Quilt - Block G-10 Woven Meadow


Dear Jane Quilt - Block G-10 Woven Meadow
Dear Jane Quilt - Block G-10 Woven Meadow
I think this quilt block pops up in all the various sampler quilts.  It is called G10 Woven Meadow in this quilt, but is also known as Chimney Sweep or Album block.  It was one of the early blocks I did for my Nearly Insane quilt, but even though it was a bigger block it had ten less pieces than this one which is just 4.5".

I am using an orange fabric from Kim Diehl's Hearthside Seasons range in this block.

Techniques: English Paper Piecing
Pieces: 39

6 comments:

  1. I'm loving your fabric choices for DJ!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So neat! And you're being so disciplined with your block making........you'll be finished soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so envious of your ability to make a TRUE Dear Jane quilt. The one I'm working on can only loosely be called a Dear Jane quilt -- my blocks are 5" square, but fewer pieces in each block. I'm thoroughly enjoying it, however. Yours is fantabulous!!! Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of you DJ blocks are beautiful. I find your EPP techniques for these blocks fascinating. (I've never done any EPP, so it would never even occur to me!) Your results are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am loving your fabrics; you have such a wonderful eye for colour and print. And your work is lovely. Followed your Nearly Insane project and enjoying this one as well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete