Wednesday 26 August 2015

Dear Jane Quilt - Block B7 World Series

Dear Jane Block - B7 World Series
Dear Jane Block - B7 World Series
With the Nearly Insane quilt top completed and ready for quilting, it means that there is nothing stopping me forging ahead with the Dear Jane blocks. Here is block B7 World Series.  Each draw usually means that I will be using the same colour. Draw 1 is orange, so all my orange Kim Diehl fabrics are being thrown into the mix.

Dear Jane Block - B7 World Series
Dear Jane Block - B7 World Series
As I said at the start, I will picking up new techniques as I go along and that learning is part of the fun for me.  The construction tips I found for this block involved applique, reverse applique and then some more applique.  Not the most efficient use of fabric, but I liked the idea of getting the melons looking round with the reverse applique technique.  Once I have built up some confidence with all these techniques, then I hope to use my informed judgement about choosing which method to use for each block that comes my way.

Techniques: Reverse applique, Applique
Pieces: 8

5 comments:

  1. I do whatever works for each block.....it's a good approach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks look exquisite. But what do you mean by "orange draw?" Are you picking colors out of a bag or something to keep it random?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to LOVE you DJ quilt. Beautiful fabrics, beautiful block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Dear Jane. Where did you get your empty Dear Jane tracker.

    ReplyDelete