Thursday 25 June 2015

Nearly Insane Quilt - Update #5 June 2015


Nearly Insane Quilt - Electric Quilt image
Nearly Insane Quilt - Electric Quilt image
It is a while since I mentioned anything about my Nearly Insane quilt progress, so I thought a post on the blog would set me into action.  I have taken this image from my Electric Quilt software to show the final layout, and this image is now on my sidebar.
Nearly Insane Quilt - Zig Zag border
Nearly Insane Quilt - Zig Zag border
I am pleased to say that I have pieced together all the zig zags required in the border.  From my last post you will have read about the false starts I had with this.  I think they contributed to a lack of motivation I had for the border, which is why they have taken such a long time.  Do you ever suffer from lack of interest in your quilt borders?  I had hoped to keep up with this whilst I was completing the blocks, which I did until there was a change of plan. Anyway, they are together, I just need to insert a cream border and either side of the zig zag and then the top is truly finished. That is all I need to do ...

English Paper Piecing - removing the paper
English Paper Piecing - removing the paper
I am still removing the paper from the English Paper Piecing and there are large areas of the quilt which are looking revitalised without the tacking stitches showing through. At the final count there were 6032 pieces in the quilt - all those 6032 templates are in the process of coming out.
Suzi the cat helping with the quilt borders

With all the supportive help I get from Suzi the cat, I expect there are 6032 cat hairs to remove as well....

8 comments:

  1. I have so enjoyed watching this CRAZY~INSANE project come together...I would never, in a million years, attempt this! Keep moving forward~glad Suzi is there to keep you company :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear you are back in the swing with this one. Sometimes it needs a break to really appreciate the achievement !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my gosh, your quilt is fabulous. Love the setting and the border. You have made it uniquely yours. Glad you're back with it. It's a masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so wonderful to see you working on Nearly Insane again. You must be excited to see it nearly coming to a finish. The dog tooth border on my Morrrell quilt was difficult but it is now my favourite part of the quilt so perseverance pays. All the best for finishing the top and removing all of those papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are getting close to a finish! Can't wait to see your incredible quilt all in one piece.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fabulous. It's such fun to watch and I don't underestimate the time you have spent on it - and in blogging about it! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It can be hard to stay motivated with the borders, but it will be so worth it in the end. The cat hairs will just add extra warmth!

    ReplyDelete