Monday 15 June 2015

Miniature Block of the Month June 2015 - The Quilt Room

Miniature Quilt Blocks - Quilt Room Free BOM
Miniature Quilt Blocks - Quilt Room Free BOM
We are half way through the year and I am pleased to say that I have kept up with the FREE Miniature Block of the Month currently being offered by The Quilt Room. Each month I pull out my shoe box with my fabric selection and a new block joins the group. I am starting to think how I will set them - at the moment I am thinking of putting them on point.  The fabrics I am using are mainly from 'Snowman Gatherings' by Primitive Gatherings and I see from a few online stores that there is now 'Snowman Gatherings II' available.

Miniature Quilt Block- June 2015
Miniature Quilt Block- June 2015
I quite enjoyed the June block.  I only had to undo one line of stitching!  With the foundation piecing the flying geese have come out perfectly. Not quite a star this time, so to keep on theme I have included a tiny star print.
Suzi the Cat quilting
Suzi the Cat
Suzi the cat hasn't featured on the blog lately, so here is a photo for all her fans out there.  It is only June, but we are starting to think about the August extravaganza - Pets on Quilts 2015!   

5 comments:

  1. Primitive Gatherings fabrics are perfect for the miniatures. Your blocks are so nicely coordinated and the two backgrounds add to the interest. It does feel good when you can keep up with a BOM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your miniature blocks are beautiful! The fabrics you picked to make them in are perfect! I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so good for keeping up with these tiny blocks. Love the limited fabrics you're using. It will be very cute when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your choice of fabrics and colors and placement and precision make these blocks amazing! ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete