Sunday 15 March 2015

Anna Maria Horner Scrap Fabric Feather No #2

Anna Marie Horner Feather
Anna Maria Horner Feather
A few weeks ago I mentioned that after making my scrappy Half Square Triangle quilt I had created a new set of scraps to use up.  They were mainly 1.5" strips from reducing 5" squares to 3.5" squares, so were quite thin and some of them quite short, but plenty big enough for another Anna Maria Horner scrap feather

Box of fabric scraps
Box of fabric scraps

I was working towards a particular colour scheme, so was able to pull out all the co-ordinating colours to foundation piece the feather.

Foundation Piecing Scrap fabric
Foundation Piecing Scraps
For the quilting I stitched in the ditch and then did a 1/4 inch outline around the feather shape.  Then I kept on going.  Because these are only small quilts / mug rugs they are a good place to experiment with new quilting patterns.  The trimmings from the HST's for this feather were only a drop in the ocean from my box of scraps, so I can see more of these in pipeline.

Scrappy Anna Maria Horner Feather Mug Rug
Scrappy Anna Maria Horner Feather Mug Rug
 Linking up with Connie at Freemotion

8 comments:

  1. It turned out so pretty. Love the quilting on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe a quilt!? Love it and what a great way to use those little scraps.Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scrappy feather is lovely. Your quilting is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your fabric choices...and the quilting is just wonderful! Feather blocks are one of my favourites...

    ReplyDelete