Sunday 2 November 2014

Nearly Insane Quilt - Update #3 November

Nearly Insane Quilt - November 2014 update
Nearly Insane Quilt - November 2014 update
It's hard to believe you can be exhausted from sitting hand stitching all day, but last night as I made the last few stitches to get my Nearly Insane quilt blocks together all I could think about was going to bed.  The construction of this has taken longer than anticipated, but as you will see from the picture all the blocks, sashing and cornerstones are together.  If you look back a few posts you may also be able to play 'spot the difference', as several of the blocks have been changed partially or completely.

English Paper Piecing - Nearly Insane Quilt
English Paper Piecing - Nearly Insane Quilt
All the paper is still in and I imagine it will probably take me three months to remove all that!

Nearly Insane Quilt - November 2014 update
Nearly Insane Quilt - November 2014 update

When I started this project I now realise I partly imagined that once I had reached this stage it would be done, but todays project is to start get the borders together and there is still quite a journey to go.

16 comments:

  1. Wow! It's been a while since I checked in. You've made SO MUCH progress and it looks AMAZING!! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this quilt is really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is gorgeous!! There may be more to go but enjoy your amazing accomplishment. Will be waiting to see the borders come together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks incredible! Well done

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was actually just thinking about this quilt the other day! Glad you gave us an update :) looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great to see the completed top - it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!!
    Are you going to hand quilt it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on reaching this milestone, it looks stunning. You must be so keen to start taking out the tacking stitches and ripping out the papers (carefully)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful masterpiece. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. While I don't envy you popping out all the papers, you must be very proud of your accomplishment so far!! I hope you'll be entering it in some quilt shows!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Nearly Insane Quilt looks amazing! I've never seen an EPP like this one before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is sooooooo beautiful!!! When I finish my Farmer's Wife maybe I should give this gorgeous quilt a try myself. ;-)
    Love it in these colours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This is looking fabulous! Can't believe you're this far along already.:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Keep thinking about your quilt - it must be a mission to take out all the papers - I did a tiny piece yesterday and it took forever. Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete