Friday 25 July 2014

Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 84

Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 84
Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 84
With all the flowers in this block I thought I would do the photoshoot out in the garden. Here it is resting on some rhubarb leaves enjoying the lovely hot summer weather.  For the last few blocks I have been trying to get as many fabrics squeezed in as possible.  This block uses six different fabrics including an iridescent neutral.

Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 84
Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 84
I am also making some progress on the other bits of the quilt. There are 20 cornerstones left to make, but only three days left of the Tour de France to make them if I am to keep up with my plan.  I am going to have to pull out the stamina which some of those cyclists use!

NUMBER OF PIECES:  33
DIFFICULTY: 1/10
SMALLEST PIECE: Square , 7/16"  (11mm) x 7/16"  (11mm)

LARGEST PIECE: Rectangle, 5"  (123mm) x  5/8" (15mm)
TECHNIQUE: English Paper Piecing (EPP)
FABRICS:

Somerset Shirtings c 1890 by Julie Hendrickson and Nancy Gere, Windham Fabrics # 35205
White floral on red (unknown)
Chantilly by Lauren and Jessi Jung for Moda
Christmas Past  (#14547) by Polly Minick and Lauri Simpson for Moda
Chloe's Closet 30's Playtime - Red Flowers
Cream with iridescent stars

3 comments:

  1. Gosh I'm really going to miss these posts when you've finished. I take comfort in the fact that it will take you a while to get all that paper out....and then there's the quilting...and the binding...and the colour catcher stage. OK then. Still lots to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree....it will be bittersweet to finish such a magnificent project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely wee block! Good work.

    ReplyDelete