Saturday 12 July 2014

Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 34

Block 34 - Nearly Insane Quilt
Block 34 - Nearly Insane Quilt
I have often mentioned how much sewing you can do when you have your bag of sewing with you.  My husband is very considerate of this and when I arrived home last week and he said he thought he may have strained his ankle and needed to go to Accident and Emergency, my bag was ready and waiting.  Six hours later and a broken ankle, I manage to complete Block 34. 

It looks like there will be several trips to the hospital ahead of us, so today I have prepped some blocks. Not much blogging at the moment, but the sewing continues and the completion of the Nearly Insane Quilt blocks is fast approaching.

NUMBER OF PIECES:  37
DIFFICULTY: 1/10
SMALLEST PIECE: Rectangle, 3/16  5mm) x 11/16 (17mm)

LARGEST PIECE: Triangle, 3"  (77mm) x  2 1/8"  (54mm) x  2 1/8"  (54mm)
TECHNIQUE: English Paper Piecing (EPP)
FABRICS:

Red Garden Pindot by Michael Miller Fabrics
Cherry Sketch Basic Collection by Timeless Treasures #C8224
Christmas Past  (#14547) by Polly Minick and Lauri Simpson for Moda
Prairie Paisley by Polly Minick and Lauri Simpson for Moda
Chantilly by Lauren and Jessi Jung for Moda
Days Gone By for Exclusively Quilters (Cherry Print)

3 comments:

  1. How very thoughtful of him! Nice block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Efficient use of time during stress. I am sure it was calming which may have helped calm the patient. Hope it is not a serious injury. May I ask what supplies you carry in your sewing bag?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Frances. My mum is planning on starting a Newrly Insane quilt soon in delft blue and white. I showed her your blog and we ordered the book today. I was just wondering if you had any advice for a beginner please?

    She won't be using EQ7, but will keep good notes in a notebook. Any tips would be greatly appreciate thank you.

    I hope your husband gets better soon, and yu don't have to spend too much time at the hospital.

    ReplyDelete