Thursday 24 July 2014

Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 20

Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 20
Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 20
Another day, another stripy block.  As I have said before, I think stripes always add something to a quilt block.  I haven't used this stripe before, despite it lingering in the red and white fabric pile for over a year, so I thought I had better squeeze it in before it was too late.

I have been asked a few times whether I am tired of red and white.  Well, no.  Over the course of this project my red and white collection has grown a lot.  I have had my favourites and I have some that just never cut the mustard - for this project. I wonder what are the chances of Bonnie Hunter doing a red and white colour scheme for her Mystery Quilt will be this year?


NUMBER OF PIECES: 52
SMALLEST PIECE: Square, 1/2" (12.5mm) x 1/2" (12.5mm)
LARGEST PIECE: Triangle, 2" (50mm) x 2" (50mm) x 2 13/16" (71mm)
TECHNIQUE: English Paper Piecing (EPP)
FABRICS:
Chantilly by Lauren and Jessi Jung for Moda
Days Gone By for Exclusively Quilters (Cherry Print)
Red Garden Pindot by Michael Miller Fabrics
Counting Sheep - Cherry, Calista from Blank Quilting
Polka Party Petite (Buttercream), Lakehouse Dayz Collection by Holly Holderman, Lakehouse Drygoods (LH05037)
Kona Red

Red and White stripe

1 comment:

  1. This red and white stripe is perfect for this block. Not too big nor too small. I note most of your reds are what I consider "clear" reds. Was that the effect you desired?

    ReplyDelete