Sunday 27 April 2014

Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 26

Block 26 - Nearly Insane Quilt
Block 26 - Nearly Insane Quilt
Another quick block.  I have changed the design slightly, adding the red corner triangles, and merging the centre four squares into one to make the most of some fussy cutting, so just in case the Nearly Insane Quilt Police are out there, it still ends up with more pieces than the original.
Block 26 - Nearly Insane Quilt
Block 26 - Nearly Insane Quilt
As a reminder, I have purchased Liz Lois 'Nearly Insane' book for the design of this quilt, transferred the block designs into Electric Quilt Software, where I have made a few changes as I see fit.
Block 26 - Nearly Insane Quilt
Block 26 - Nearly Insane Quilt

Strangely, this block had the same construction format as Block 51 which I have recently done, but this time I was able to take a photo during the construction process to remind me of what to look out for.  It has that same shaped piece on the sides which requires the block to be pieced in a certain order.
"Wishes" by Sweetwater, "Counting Sheep" Blank Quilting
"Wishes" by Sweetwater, "Counting Sheep" Blank Quilting

I have been out and about travelling in the car this weekend which has meant a lot of hand stitching has been done.  We travelled through Dorset, and this always calls for a visit to Hansons Fabrics in Sturminster Newton.  I love the selection of fabrics that they hold there, plus the fact that they have a lot of dressmaking fabric, wool and other craft bits and pieces.  I bought a few fat quarters to supplement my stash and also two more red and white fabrics - yes, I know I only have a few blocks left but it is a hard habit to break! The roundels are from "Wishes" by Sweetwater and I hope to use this for some fussy cutting.  The little swirls "Counting Sheep - Cherry" Calista from Blank Quilting. 

NUMBER OF PIECES:  33
DIFFICULTY: 2/10
SMALLEST PIECE: Triangle  3/4" (18mm) x 1/2" (13mm) x 1/2" (13mm)
LARGEST PIECE: Square  1 1/16" (27mm) x 1 1/16" (27mm)
TECHNIQUE: English Paper Piecing (EPP)
FABRICS:
Christmas Past  (#14547) by Polly Minick and Lauri Simpson for Moda
Cream Heart Paisley # 14766-15, Midwinter Reds by Minick and Simpson, Moda 
Red Heart Paisley # 14766 , Midwinter Reds by Minick andSimpson, Moda

Red and White # 14766 , Midwinter Reds by Minick  and Simpson, Moda
Redwork Rendezvous by Alex Anderson for P and B Textiles
Pearlescent dot (Unidentified)

 

1 comment:

  1. I am always impressed by how much how manage to get done as well as getting out and about!

    ReplyDelete