Monday 13 January 2014

Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 74

Nearly Insane Quilt, Block 74 Salinda Rupp
Nearly Insane Quilt, Block 74
What a difference a week makes.  After all that lovely sewing time of the holidays, I am now back at work, struggling to get just a bit of sewing done on my Nearly Insane blocks in my spare time.  Even finding time to blog seems difficult.  Anyway, here is Block 74.  I actually finished it on Day 12 of my sewing marathon, but only now have had time to take a picture in the daylight and note down the details.  This was a relatively simple block, with some pretty pinwheels, and I always like to add stripes.
Reverse - Block 74, Nearly Insane Quilt english paper piecing
Reverse - Block 74, Nearly Insane Quilt

Here is a reminder that I am making these blocks using the English paper piecing method.  This is a view of the back, and you will see that I baste through the paper and I will keep all the paper in until I have at least added the sashing pieces to each block.  I know there are different ways of doing this - this method works for me.

I am currently working away at block 22.  It has lots of flying geese in it and has over 100 pieces in it, but I don't have much more to do.

Also the Nearly Insane plan on my sidebar has been updated, and is a reminder that I am approaching the year anniversary on 16th February 2014.

NUMBER OF PIECES:  53
DIFFICULTY: 2/10
SMALLEST PIECE: Square 1/2" (13mm) x 1/2" (13mm)
LARGEST PIECE: Strip, 3 3/16" (80mm) x 3/8" (18mm)
TECHNIQUE: English Paper Piecing (EPP)
FABRICS:
Calico
"Prairie Paisley II" by Minick and Simpson for Moda (14739 21)
Spraytime (Scarlet) by Makower #2800-R06
Scattered Red Stars on White (Unidentified)
Red Garden Pindot by Michael Miller Fabrics 
Red and white stripe - unidentified

2 comments:

  1. That's amazing that you made so much progress in ( almost ) one year while still working on other projects. I have really enjoyed watching this quilt come together. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a book of the whole quilt? I would like to try it!

    ReplyDelete