Wednesday 22 January 2014

Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 38

Block 38, Nearly Insane Quilt
Block 38, Nearly Insane Quilt
It has just gone 16:30 here in the UK, and I rushed outside to take a picture of the latest Nearly Insane block before the natural daylight faded completely.  As I write this the sun is just setting. Miraculously, the photo doesn't look as if it is mid-winter here! The red cherries in this block certainly cheer up the gloomy days. The blocks lately have been quite easy to do, with less that fifty pieces in them.  I think the next one only has about twenty pieces.

Block 38, Nearly Insane Quilt
Block 38, Nearly Insane Quilt
Sometimes it is only once I have put the block together that I think that a bit of fussy cutting on some of the fabrics may have improved the overall look.  However, when I am actually cutting the fabric, I am desperately trying to use every last inch, which isn't always compatible with fancy cuts.  Also, I want to thank you for tolerating the green tacking thread in my blocks as we go along the journey.  For some reason I feel this block in particular will be greatly improved once the tacking thread is out, but there is still a way to go before that momentous occasion.


NUMBER OF PIECES:  45
DIFFICULTY: 1/10
SMALLEST PIECE: Square 1/2" (13mm) x 1/2" (13mm)
LARGEST PIECE: Square  1 1/2" (38mm) x 1 1/2" (38mm)
TECHNIQUE: English Paper Piecing (EPP)
FABRICS:
Calico
Fine red stripe, Stof Quilters Basic
Days Gone By for Exclusively Quilters
Cream Pin Dot (Unidentified)
Gingham by The Henley Studio for Makower #920 

3 comments:

  1. I thought you might have had a day out on the beach with the peebles behind the block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That block looks great, and I love the pebbly background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great block. You must have got through several miles of that tacking thread!

    ReplyDelete