Sunday 26 January 2014

Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 31

Block 31 - Nearly Insane Quilt Boutis French
Block 31 - Nearly Insane Quilt
It feels as if this block has the least pieces in it so far, at just 20.  Looking back through the blog from the past year, in fact I have had some with less. The original of this one has 24, but my final design had two square blocks next to each other which were the same, so I merged them.  I have added pieces in other blocks, so I thought it was fair enough.

You would think that just 20 pieces would make it easier, but I find the blocks with just a few pieces in them, far more challenging to select fabrics for.  I came back to this one several times, and even now, I am not quite satisfied with it.  The next one I am working on has over 150 pieces and I am much happier!

NUMBER OF PIECES:  20
DIFFICULTY: 1/10
SMALLEST PIECE: Rectangle 3" (76mm) x 1 1/2" (38mm)
LARGEST PIECE: Triangle, 2 1/16" (59mm) x 1 1/2" (38mm) x 1 1/2" (38mm)
TECHNIQUE: English Paper Piecing (EPP)
FABRICS:
Days Gone By for Exclusively Quilters (Rose Print & Cherry Print)
Berry Falling Snow by Kate Spain for Moda #27127-11

2 comments: