Friday 3 January 2014

Day 9 - Twelve Days of Sewing at Fabadashery

Celtic Solstice Mystery Quilt 2013 - Block Layout
Celtic Solstice Mystery Quilt 2013 - Block Layout
As I said yesterday, a lot of my sewing time at the moment is being taken up with Bonnie Hunter's 2013 Celtic Solstice Mystery Quilt.  Whilst I took a bit of a break from sewing today, I still managed to layout the blocks on the floor, and start to put them together.  It is happening quite quickly, but still a way to go.  At least you get to see a bit of a REVEAL of the final look.

Nearly Insane Quilt - English Paper Piecing
Nearly Insane Quilt - English Paper Piecing

Whilst out and about today, I managed to prepare some of my English paper piecing templates for the next Nearly Insane block. All this was done whilst travelling in the car, and am pleased with the progress on this.  Over Christmas, this project has kept a steady pace, but as always, you wish it was going quicker.
Suzi hasn't much time for sewing today as the weather outside is wild and windy.  There are so many noises and sudden movements going on that she has found a spot to keep an eye on developments. See other busy cats at Feline Friday at Sarah Did It!

7 comments:

  1. Your Celtic Solstice quilt is looking beautiful! I love your colors. Suzi looks like a very vigilant quilty kitty. My own do love to keep an eye open, too. You are sew ambitious with those nearly insane blocks. I always enjoy seeing your work ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *LOVE* the Celtic Solstice quilt. Colors are stunning! WELL DONE!
    www.sewcraftychick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE your Celtic Solstice - it is just enchanting in those colors! I have printed out all the steps and this is one I want to make some day. Such a great secondary pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzi is very brave - my crew would rather hide under the bed than watch whatever was making noise. Both of your projects look great but you are way ahead of me on the CS mystery. I hope to make some progress this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy moley that Celtic Solstice is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your CS quilt is looking beautiful and I really love the colors you choose!! Our weather has been cold and a little wild too1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Celtic Solstice! I managed to get two rows sewn together...Bonnie does offer us gorgeous patterns.

    ReplyDelete