Sunday 29 December 2013

Nearly Insane Quilt - Edge Block 98

Edge Block 98 - Nearly Insane Quilt
Edge Block 98 - Nearly Insane Quilt
Here is a photo of Block 98, one of the half blocks that go around the edge of the Nearly Insane Quilt.  I emphasise that it is a photo, because somewhere between taking the photo and now, I have misplaced it.  It is the only evidence that I have that I completed it.  I am hoping it will turn up between some papers, or in a 'safe' place that I might have put it.

As you will know, I always add the statistics of a completed block to the end of the post.  In it, I have a difficulty scoring.  So far only a very few have been beyond 4/10 (Block 43 sticks in my mind ...). To be honest using English paper piecing I have found these Nearly Insane blocks easy to put together.  As each one is different, it is like making a fresh 6 inch quilt each time. I have found process most enjoyable.  Yes, some pieces have been very small and difficult to handle, but they have only represented a tiny part of this quilt.  I know that if I had been doing those on the machine I would have given up a long time ago!

NUMBER OF PIECES:  15
DIFFICULTY: 1/10
SMALLEST PIECE: Triangle, 1" (25mm) x 11/16" (18mm) x 11/16" (18mm)
LARGEST PIECE: Triangle, 3" (77mm) x 2 1/8" (54mm) x 2 1/8" (54mm)
TECHNIQUE: English Paper Piecing (EPP)
FABRICS:
Little Spots Red, Pierres Famous Travelling Circus, Michael Miller
Hearts on Red (567-R5) Makower
Tangled Threads in Apple Red on Cream, Mama Said Sew, by Sweetwater for Moda

No comments:

Post a Comment