Saturday 9 November 2013

Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 30 (Revisted)

Nearly Insane Quilt - Progress October 2013
Nearly Insane Quilt - Progress October 2013
I have shown you this picture before, it is the latest review of my Nearly Insane Quilt progress.  I have looked at it a gazillion times, and each time the block which is marked, jumps out at me. 
Nearly Insane Quilt - Progress October 2013
BEFORE: Block 30, Nearly Insane Quilt
Block 30 is a nice block on its own, but when placed with the other blocks, the red is dominating.  The block needs to be sorted, and I have known this for a long time.


Unpicking Block 30 - Nearly Insane Quilt
Unpicking Block 30 - Nearly Insane Quilt
Finally I have got around to unpicking it and redesigning it.  There are a few of the early blocks which I have considered doing differently, but this one in particular was not working visually with the overall quilt.  I hope this is not the thin end of the wedge, with regard to redoing blocks!
AFTER: Block 30, Nearly Insane Quilt
AFTER: Block 30, Nearly Insane Quilt
So here is the block after its makeover.  It is much lighter, but still maintains its contrast.  It is easy to put off this sort of thing, but it actually only took a short time to change the strips and sew it all back together. I am looking forward to the next Nearly Insane review to see how it looks.
 

5 comments:

  1. yes the remake of the block will fit better now although I don't think I noticed the block as much as you did - most times we see something that not all others do

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is coming along so nicely! I agree with you, the redo is much better - and you can see the half square triangles better with more contrast in the two halves. You are so skilled. Thank you for sharing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your diligence with this quilt, the re-make really does fit in better with what you have done so far and was worth the effort IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be happier now and it probably is a better fit. Once the zigzag border is on there will be a lot more red in the quilt which might help with the balance anyway. It is such a remarkable achievement and I love it!
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your insane progress. I have been following your blog for a few weeks and am in love with your quilt. I liked up today at Splish, splash, stash today an EPP link party at http://hydeeannsews.blogspot.com/. Check it out there are a lot of great EPP projects being shared.

    ReplyDelete