Saturday 12 October 2013

Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 65

Block 65 - Nearly Insane Quilt
Block 65 - Nearly Insane Quilt
After the 243 pieces of the last block, it was great to whip this block of quickly. Nice big pieces, and easy to put together on the journey to work.  A pretty addition to the pile of sampler blocks that are accumulating.

I am trying to get as many of these blocks done as possible in the next few weeks, as Bonnie Hunter over at Quiltville is, as I write, putting together her 2013 Mystery Quilt, ready for its launch on Wednesday 23rd October.  I did the Easy Street Quilt last year, and had a ball, so the 2013 Mystery Quilt has been pencilled in my diary for quite a while.  Will any of you be joining in?

Midwinter Reds by Minick and Simpson, Moda, have arrived in the UK!
Midwinter Reds by Minick and Simpson, Moda, have arrived in the UK!
Also, I have been out and about today, and just happened to pop into a LQS, where there was a new display of Midwinter Reds by Minick and Simpson for Moda (did I mention that I met them both in the Spring ...).  This fabric line has been advertised for months and months in the quilt magazines.  It was due in the UK in September, and I have been checking online constantly, so it was a nice surprise to walk into the shop and see all the pre-cuts sitting waiting for me.  I have just bought a charm pack for now, so I can see if any prints in particular are going to need to join the Nearly Insane party.

To celebrate another finished block, I am joining up with Crazy Mom Quilts and Whoop Whoop Friday!

NUMBER OF PIECES: 41
DIFFICULTY: 2/10
SMALLEST PIECE: Square 1/2" (12.5mm) x /2" (12.5mm)

LARGEST PIECE: Pointed Rectangle 2 1/8" (54mm) x 1 1/16" (27mm)
TECHNIQUE: English Paper Piecing (EPP)
FABRICS: 

Cream Bias Check Mama Said Sew by Sweetwater for Moda  #5495 11

Apple Red on Cream Sewing Guide Mama Said Sew by Sweetwater for Moda  #5490 11Cream Pin Dot (Unidentified)
Red dot (unidentified)

2 comments:

  1. Lovely block, I'm looking for the Midwinter Reds too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks just keep getting better and better! Do you have a favorite?

    ReplyDelete