Thursday 19 September 2013

Nearly Insane Quilt - Edge Block 93

Nearly Insane Edge Blocks: 88, 93, 96, 97
Nearly Insane Edge Blocks: 88, 93, 96, 97
Another round up of the more recent Edge blocks from the Nearly Insane Quilt, featuring 88, 93, 96, and 97.  As I have said before, there are two of each for these, but I have found that they are all very similar anyway, and they don't have the complexity of the full blocks.  They are great to do if one of the more 'meaty' blocks have taken a long time.

Nearly Insane Quilt - Edge Block 93
Nearly Insane Quilt - Edge Block 93
Despite its name, my Nearly Insane Quilt is actually the one thing keeping me sane, as it is the only stitching I am managing to do at the moment.  I have a few projects I would like to do, but in the back of my mind I am reserving some time around Christmas ( ... yes, I said Christmas) to do Bonnie Hunter's 2013 Mystery Quilt - has anyone heard if there is one on the cards?


NUMBER OF PIECES: 12
DIFFICULTY: 1/10
SMALLEST PIECE: Triangle 4 1/4" (108mm) x 3" (77mm) x 3" (77mm) 
LARGEST PIECE: Triangle 1 (25mm) x 3/4" (18m) x 3/4" (18mm) 

TECHNIQUE: English Paper Piecing (EPP)
FABRICS: 

Calico
Holiday Treats Red Packed Peppermints by Timeless Treasures
Polka Party Petite" (Buttercream) Lakehouse Dayz Collection by Holly Holderman, Lakehouse Drygoods (LH05037)

4 comments:

  1. I love to see your progress on this quilt. Your work is so precise and the reds and white really show off the patterns. Bonnie Hunter said recently that she is getting her annual mystery ready to launch. I will be doing it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Frances, I've just discovered your blog and I love it! The way you are documenting your making of Nearly Insane makes for fascinating reading :) Thanks for the earlier post with a link to the Infinite Variety app - truly amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are amazing!! Wow! I have done 2 of Bonnie's mystery quilts, not planning on it this year but I love seeing everyone else's!

    ReplyDelete