Tuesday 23 July 2013

Hand Quilting in Hot Weather ....

Red and White Pinwheel Quilt, 2013 Tour de France
Red and White Pinwheel Quilt, 2013 Tour de France
For the record, we have got really warm hot weather here in the UK at the moment, about 32 degrees. Perfect weather for quilting ....  Lately, I have been using every spare moment of my time hand quilting.  Thank goodness I have had the company of the Tour de France, for the past few weeks.  The exhibition deadline is getting close, but I feel as if I am on track with what I need to do, with just a few hurdles to push through.

Washing the Butterfly Quilt
Washing the Butterfly Quilt
The last time we had hot weather like this was 2006.  I was hand quilting my Butterfly Quilt, and I can remember sitting underneath it in very hot weather, again working towards a deadline.  I have come to the conclusion, that if we are to guarantee hot summers, I need to have a big quilting project on the go.  Anyway, whilst the weather has been hot, I have taken the opportunity to wash some of my quilts, as they are drying in no time.

Sparky the Cat lazing in the sun.
Sparky the Cat lazing in the sun.
Otherwise, it is just too hot to do anything but snooze, especially if you are wearing a fur coat

2 comments:

  1. looks like you need to sit a fan on the floor a little way away from you and have it circulate air for you -- nice looking quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to see your beautiful pinwheel quilt in the real world....will it be at the NEC?

    ReplyDelete