Monday 22 July 2013

Fabric Stash Additions - The Sewing Studio, Redruth, Cornwall

It is over 6 weeks since I have set foot in a fabric shop, so luckily whilst I was in Cornwall last week, I was introduced to a new quilt shop, where I could get my fix. The shop was on Chapel Street in Redruth, called The Sewing Studio.  As well as a large selection of sewing machines, it stocks lots of the MODA pre-cuts, such as Jelly Rolls, Layer Cakes and Charm Packs, at competitive prices, and other lovely fabric yardage too, so do take a look.
'Snowman Gatherings', Primitive Gatherings for MODA
To start with, I have had my eye on the 'Snowman Gatherings' by Primitive Gatherings for MODA for a long time, and with the 10" layer cake sitting there, it just had to come home with me.  I justified it because one of the purchases I made in America was one of the Schnibbles books, which focuses on using pre-cuts in its designs, so once my current hand quilting project is done and dusted, I am planning on making a few smaller projects.

Holiday Treats Red Packed Peppermints Yardage
Holiday Treats Red Packed Peppermints, Timeless Treasures
The purchase of red and white / cream fabrics is winding down now, but I am always on the look out for interesting novelty prints, and a fat quarter of 'Holiday Treats Red Packed Peppermints' by Timeless Treasures, also made it into my bag. 
Throughout the Nearly Insane journey, one fabric which I have fallen in love with is the Bias Check from the Mama Said Sew range by Sweetwater, for Moda. I looks really good in the blocks I have incorporated in so far, Block 11,  13, and 96, and I when I saw yardage in black and grey, I thought it would be a great addition to my stash.

The shop also had a good selection of quilting rulers, including my favourite Creative Grids rulers.  As you will see from my Pinterest board, a Star quilt of some sort is going to feature in the future, and I had identified that this ruler would be tool to get it done.

Creative Grids Non-Slip 2 Peaks in 1 Ruler
Creative Grids Non-Slip 2 Peaks in 1 Ruler

So as you can see, a good haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment