Tuesday 30 April 2013

Oh La La! It's Minick and Simpson

Whilst I have been away in France, my hands have not been idle.  I have managed to complete some more of my little 2 inch cornerstone blocks for my Nearly Insane Quilt.  I have about 85 full size ones to do in total. I have done about 14 so far.
Cornerstones, red spotty fabric
 'Christmas Past' by Minick and Simpson
This has been made quite tolerable because I am using my favourite red spotty fabric 'Christmas Past' by Polly Minick and Laurie Simpson.  Have I mentioned it before?

BTW - It also just so happened that Polly and Laurie were actually at the "Pour l'Amour du Fil" (For the Love of Thread) show, in France, organised by the magazine Quiltmania.
Laurie Simpson and Polly Minick (with The Christmas Quilt) Pour l'Amour du Fil, Nantes, France 2013
Laurie Simpson and Polly Minick (with The Christmas Quilt)
Pour l'Amour du Fil, Nantes, France 2013

Naturally I had to visit their stand, and they were kind enough to humour me as I showed them my little 'Minick and Simpson' cornerstones squares. They were also kind enough to let me take this photo of them to record the moment - in front of 'The Christmas Quilt' by Laurie Simpson (handstitched, I believe), which features the red spotty fabric itself!
Quiltmania have published their book 'Quilts and Rugs' available from the Quiltmania website, which also features this quilt.

With all the quiet hand stitching I do, it's nice to have a little quilting thrill like this once in while.

3 comments:

  1. I love Minick and Simpson fabric! What a treat that you got to meet them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Yes! This quilt is going to be amazing! What a beautiful color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little stars are great! One of these days (when my kids are a bit older, probably), I will have a nice little hand sewing project for traveling.

    ReplyDelete